Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Valediction to my Fellow student


[This is a monologue that should be read in the form of Leonidous of the movie 300. Enjoy!]

Ode to the Bridge Program that used up all of my precious final summer as an adolescent! You have shown me the ways of the colligate life, and I thank ye for it. My fellow program mates and I have struggled so much in the course of the four weeks. We’ve seen men and women crumble under the pressure, and have been demised due to laziness. My colleagues! This is my farewell message for you and your ancestors!
Do not forget the laughs we’ve had or the moments of love we’ve shared. Do not forget the person next you who always seemed to help you out, or the person on the other side of the room who never seem to care. Our time at Columbia is limited; however, our time Columbia is endless.
When I first spoke to Lynn Levy, she told me Bridge wasn’t for me. She said “Go to community college! Get ready for Columbia in 2009!” LIES!!!!! I proved her wrong just like WE will prove the world wrong! I expected to go in to battle with a shield and no sword, or a mind that wasn’t ready for college. Ha! Is the face of a student that’s not ready for the best Art College in the country? No! THIS IS THE FACE OF A COLUMBIA STUDENT!
So my friends, my family, my loved ones, look around. We see the people that we would see for the next four to five years. Embrace them, remember them, and do not lose contact with them.
A class that endured the pain that we have endured never prospers.
This is not a community college, THIS…..IS……COLUMBIA!!!!!

No comments: