Monday, July 28, 2008

Broken Home (Kendall)

Sometimes the road seems so dim that I can barely see. So many obstacles tend to rise that I can barely handle. My main problem right now seems to be my parents getting a divorce. I know it sounds trivial but to me it’s a big deal. All of my life, I’ve always had a great family foundation. I had two hard-working parents who strived for the best. It confuses me that two strong willed people aren’t able to work through their problems. My life seems to be at a pause now because family has always been one of the most important factors in my success. I just wish that I could turn time back and fix the error that caused their marriage to fall apart. Trust me….I don’t blame myself for their marriage being thrown under a truck. But I’ve always had a tendency to want to fix things. Perfection to me is excellence. My parents were young when they got married. They’ve been together since they were 14 and 16 years old. That’s a loooooonnnnnnngggggg freaking time. I understand that times change and people completely change. But why did it have to be my parents? Why couldn’t it be the parents who lived across town? Was it predestined for my family to break away from each other when I became 18 years old? THAT REALLY SUCKS FOR ME. Maybe if they had gotten a divorce when I was younger, maybe it wouldn’t be affecting me like it is now. I’m a fond believer of change, but why couldn’t this one single element remain the same?

No comments: