Monday, July 21, 2008

Ryann Figura





Lets' start off with the fact that yes, my name is Ryan, yes I am a girl. Although I am used to the face that every time someone calls my name they are always looking for a guy, people have mactually doubted me and asked for an ID, but after 18 years I had gotten used to it. Being a city girl at heart i have grown up in the subarbs of Chicago, with the typical sister as a role model, the sister that basically raised me. When i was about 15 my grandmother had passed away due to lou gehrig's disease. my sister, Lauren, and my grandmother are one of my main insprations to start a career in photography. In all honestly, not to offend anyone if I do, but I hate the tpyical art student. The ones that have to find a deep depression meaning in a picture of a pencil, I'm not like that, it's actually a pet peeve of mine. One night my boyfriend and i went out to dinner with his parent's and a bunch of his moms friends (Basically he made me tag along so he wouldn't be bored). But anyway, back to my point. I had happened to of run into one of those students, and he asked me what my major was and i told him photography. He responded with somthing along the lines of " well what do you like about photography, whats your meaning behind it?" So, i gave him the same answer i give everyone else. I love to take pictures, or the adventures i take to go on them, developing my own film, being able to call somthing my own that i am proud of and love to do. He gave me a dirty/funny look and said "That doesnt really answer my question" (keep in mind him and his girlfriend are high class snobby theater students that dont accept plays that are below broadway, no offense theater students, i love plays! :) ) Now me, being the extremly sarcastic person that I am, it's fun. Told him that i like to take pretty pictures and push buttons. Needless to say that ended ourconversation for the rest of the night. So, short and sweet: I'm to sarcastic for my own good, but shy as all hell.

1 comment:

kenaarmay said...

That is soooooooooo true !!! Ppl always base a perception on the exterior of things instead of the interior.This was my 1st comment EVA !!..i hope u like it :)