Monday, July 28, 2008

What is age? It’s just a way to structure the chaos around us .It’s Used to keep record of what, when and where. If we didn’t keep track of time, How would we know if we were acting our age? Maybe I’m hitting the topic a little more in depth then I should. The point I’m trying to make is age is just a number, and ones mental maturity can only be established by the way they carry themselves. I know five year olds who act like grown adults, and grown adults that act like children. It’s hard to say that all kids in the ghetto “grow up” faster then children from other areas. That these kids are aware of adult situations much earlier then others, but no child’s brain is fully developed enough to thoroughly comprehend these situations. They may have an external understanding of this subject matter. Only with years of life experience can one fully understand these complicated issues such as sex, drugs, and violence. I’ve experienced the concequences of some of these issues first hand, and looking back on my perspectives as a 17 year old to the present. A few years to develop an idea of my actions made things much easier to understand.

No comments: