Monday, July 21, 2008

David


choose your own adventure

I've had a lucky childhood compared to most kids; not in a material sense but more creativity, openness, and understanding. While growing up i was never persuaded by my parents to follow some sort of direction, other then basic necessity's to being "productive" in whatever lifestyle i choose to follow. Whatever choices i made, the clothes i wore, the color of my hair, or the music i listened to, my parents supported it.

I was never forced into have religious beliefs or persuaded to take a certain political side. I was taught only to think about the choices i make and to were that would take me. Growing up with this sort of Independence , i believe, makes me feel like who i am and where i will be in the future is because of all the choices i had to make growing up. The things i do now, like attending Columbia, are a direct result of choices that i myself made and come from who i truly am. I believe my personal motto is "choice over destiny"

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I think its cool your parents let you create yourself on your own. Growing my dad wanted me to be the perfect track star, or president of the student council. I never wanted any of that. I wanted piercings and to draw and paint. My mom was hesitent but never held me back. But my father tried his hardest.