Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lady G


My favorite place to check out on the net is…. XXL Magizine.Com. Not only do I get a monthly annual subscription, I am always checking up on what happens on a daily bases in the game. They have all the latest news, the best opinionated blogs, and the tightest columnists. They offer reviews on new CD’s that hit the stores and have featured sections for up and coming artist. XXL’s slogan is “Hip Hop on a higher level”, and they are right about that. I’m yet to find another Hip Hop magazine that keeps my interested in what’s going on in the game, gives me accurate news on my favorite artist and still manages to maintain a business solely based on the love and passion for music and not just for sales purposes. Magazines like The Source are focusing more on fashion (not that XXL does not offer that also) but the music sections in this music magazine are very dull and not as structured as I feel they should be. I feel like the writers are there for there a pay check and not there to give their full hearted opinion on music and what’s going on with the industry. XXL will always remain my favorite source in finding out what’s happening in a field my life REVALS in.

No comments: